Amity Texture Spray
- 100% plant & mineral derived ingredients.
- Light Hold / Matte Finish
- Hand-blended, all natural Sage & Bergamot scent.
- 8oz / 227g
- Aloe: Dandruff preventative for the scalp
- Marula Oil: UV protectant & celluar regernation properties for healthy growth.
- Bamboo Extract: Provides strength & elasticity to your hair follicles.
- Use Amity alone & let the product air-dry to create loose texture or tame frizzy/flyaway ridden hair.
- Use Amity with a blowdryer as a pre-styler and the spray provides heat protection and will set a sturdy foundation for your style with maximum volume & texture
I normally don't go for sea salt sprays because they make my hair feel dry/crispy, but this is a lot more than a sea salt spray. I use it as a pre-styler, and once it's been blow-dried in, my hair has really great control/structure, very natural shine, and some really nice volume. My hair just looks healthy and is set up very well for styling. Amity doesn't cake my hair up like a lot of pre-stylers do. I love the results, I love the product, and I hope they keep making it for a long time.
This is my first salt-spray product, so I'm flying a little blind on this, but my initial impression is definitely positive. My hair is thick and wavy, and I like how the spray enhances those attributes while allowing me to keep things light. I've been blow-drying along with a small amount of either matte paste or clay pomade, for a relaxed style that pretty much lasts for days. I generally find that my hair looks better the next day anyway (assuming I'm using a drier, matte styling product of some kind), and the Amity spray only intensifies that effect; with a couple of stacking applications over a few days, I hardly have to use any additional product at all. Seriously; rough estimate, I've reduced my product use by 75%. And the moisturizing ingredients really do keep my hair from looking or feeling crunchy (there's even a subtle/natural shine, in my experience).
I don't really have any suggestions for improvement, other than offering a travel size. Firm recommend!
Amity is by far the best prestyler on the market. Great hold,volume,and texture and it doesnt make your hair feel dryed out like most sea salt sprays!
This texture spray WORKS. I have fine, stick straight hair that used to be ~14 inches long. When I would style it back then, it would hold for maybe 2 hours before falling flat. Now, with this texture spray, my 4in hair holds all day with minimal additional product. Make sure to shake the container before each use and don't over-do it or you'll look greasy. Rinses out with just water.
I don’t know much about sea salt sprays heard bad things about it that it dries out your hair but I have this for a couple of days and it holds my thick Asian hair